So Sawyer turned one 2 weeks ago now. I can hardly believe it. Truly. Time still moves so fast. There are days that I feel will never end, but then you blink and a year has gone by. Time is funny that way, I guess. We decided against the huge one year shindig this time. We did huge first birthday parties for Jackson & Brady, but for Sawyer it just didn't feel right. So we celebrated at home with just our close family and it was just perfect. He loved the balloons, the photos and the CAKE! (He is my only baby to really dive into his birthday cake, so I was pretty excited about that ;)
At ONE, Sawyer is:
- not talking much, although he's big on making sounds...animal sounds, car sounds, etc. He really only consistently says "Mama", "hi" and sometimes "Dada", but will tell you what a cow, lion, kitty cat, dog and an elephant say. And every time he eats something he really loves he says "mmmmmm" :)
- loves his stacking toys the most. We play a game where we stack them up and then tell him "no, no, no don't knock that over" and he just laughs and laughs and laughs, knocks it over and laughs again.
- is super close to walking. He will hold onto my pinky and walk, but as soon as I let go he sits right down.
- he started scooting around on his belly months ago, but he's now doing the hands & knees crawl as well.
- still loves books...his favorites are the Brown Bear Brown Bear variety or Little Quack Loves Colors (he literally squeals when you get that one out...too cute!)
- LOVES to be outside. Now that the weather is nicer, we've been out a lot in the evenings. He's obsessed.
- obsessed with balls...basketballs, footballs, baseballs...rolling them around the house is one of his favorite things to do.
- still taking 2 good naps a day and sleeping 12+ hours at night. <3 my good sleeper!
- loves to snuggle and will give me random hugs throughout the day...that's my favorite part about this age...soooo sweet!
- if you ask him to "show me your muscles", he holds up his arms and tenses up his body and makes the funniest face. I need to get this on video...it's too much! lol
- loves to be chased. If you say "i'm coming to get you!", he will book it scooting on his belly and laughing hysterically.
- is finally using sign language more and more. He does the signs for more, please, eat, water, milk and help. Such a lifesaver for communicating!
- is still such a happy boy. He rarely complains. People are always commenting on how good he is wherever we go. He has his fussy time in the evening (right during the late afternoon/early evening craziness), but who doesn't? ;)
I can't believe a year has gone by. This unexpected blessing has brought so much to our little family. We feel like the luckiest people in the world!