Sawyer turned 10-months on the 5th and I've been meaning to pop in with an update. I just can't get over the fact that he is getting so big so fast. Sigh. I wish I could hit the pause button for just a little while. I'm in love with him beyond belief. He is sweet and funny and smiley and adorable and sooo laid back and good...we are SO lucky!
Here's what he's up to at 10-months old:
-scooting scooting everywhere. He hasn't mastered crawling on his hands and knees yet, but he does the army crawl ALL over the house. And he's getting close to real crawling...a matter of days probably.
- he can FINALLY go from lying down to sitting up. This skill took him forever, but he finally got it :)
- still eats like a boss! I weaned him last month and he's not too keen on the bottles and much prefers real food. He literally eats everything!
- pulling up and cruising like crazy! Nothing is safe anymore...he wants everything that's on our couch and ottoman and any surface that he can pull up to. ha ;)
- plays "peek a boo" and holds his face over his eyes...cutest ever! I have yet to get it on my camera...putting that on my list for this week!
- still a huge fan of "SO BIG"...he puts his arms up in the air when you ask him "how big is Sawyer?"
- loves the walking toy he got for Christmas...he's getting pretty good at pushing it around the house!
- waves hi and bye and I *think* he's trying to say "hi" when he waves because he says "haaaaa" every time
- if you ask him if it's cold outside, he says "rrrrrrrr" (trying to say "BRRRR") ;)
- when I'm making dinner at the stove and holding him, he puts his hand over the steam coming out of the pot and says "ha, ha, ha" for "hot"
- still obsessed with books and loves to be read to. His favorites are the brown bear brown bear and polar bear polar bear books. When we get to the part where there's a lion, he makes a roaring sound. It's adorable!
- says "mama" finally!! He's been saying "dada" for months, but finally said "mama"!
- every night after bath, I feed him his last bottle in his room and we rock together in the rocking chair. He lays his head on me and says "mama, mama" and my heart melts into a puddle on the floor. How did I get so lucky?! <3<3